Monday, June 24, 2013

Saturday Hike: Cassidy Arch









Trailer Talk:

Unfortunately I started out the Cassidy Arch hike a little too late in the morning. I had plenty of water, but only took an apple as a snack. I figured it wouldn't take me that long.  What I didn't realize until beginning the hike was that it wasn't 4.5 miles round trip, it was 4.5 miles to the arch and 4.5 back to the starting point. Ugh! I was determined once I got started. It was a beautiful trail with slick rock and red rock and amazing views. I met a foreign couple on the way sitting underneath a large shaded rock. So far they were the only people I met on the trail until another trail from the campground combined with my path. About two miles into the hike I met up with five German students and was invited to join the remainder of the hike with them. It was refreshing to hear their comments of excitement regarding the environment around us. Sometimes I take for granted the extreme beauty surrounding me everyday. My photos are only a mere peek at what my eyes can describe to you. I recommend experiencing the grandeur with your own eyes.
  Needless to say once I joined the Germans the remainder of the hike went quickly to the arch.
I would do this hike again, but definitely get a much earlier start or begin in the early evening. By the time I got back to the trailer I was feeling ill. The heat, sun and lack of food in my stomach was finally taking its toll. I have proof behind the trailer where I  upchucked some little red, yellow and orange peppers I tried to eat. It looked like colorful confetti spewing out of my mouth. Once that happened my stomach finally calmed down. Let's just say I will be much better prepared the next time I tackle a long hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment