Sunday, June 16, 2013

Home Sweet Summer Home



 





   This summer I am staying in a little trailer near Capitol Reef National Park (Utah). My fabulous friend Liv and her husband brought this trailer onto their property and fixed it up inside. Liv is really great at making simple things beautiful, clean and comfortable. As you can see she has added her little unique touches to the inside and outside, such as the succulent plants, tiny framed pictures and strand of small white lights.
   
 Trailer Talk Update:

   The first couple of nights in the trailer took some getting used to. I had to convince myself that no zombies were shuffling around outside, and if they were I was in no position to escape from inside this metal box. Of course it's just a quick two large jumps to the back door of the house, but then there's the screen door...aaah, every second counts. The first night if it wasn't the thought of zombies, it was a more eminent threat of mountain lions. Could one be lurking nearby? Fortunately there's Stegner, the family dog. He will hopefully protect me or at least give a warning bark. In the meantime I'll keep to clapping my hands as I hastily walk the 10 feet from back door of house to trailer door. Oh, but I forgot to mention the wind; or should I say mini-tornado. The wind is fierce and strong. The chair sitting outside of the trailer was blown off the porch. I do like the breeze though, it cools things down. And, at night, once I'm tucked into bed, I'll put in my earplugs and have the wind rock me to sleep. "If the trailer's a-rockin' don't come-a-knockin".
I've always wanted to say that. 

 
  
  

1 comment:

  1. Glad to find your blog! Sounds like you are doing well and having many adventures. Have a great summer in that little camper!

    ReplyDelete