Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Freemont Gorge Overlook Trail

 The path

 Castle Rock in the distance

 View from the top

Crazy rock formation


I ended my summer adventures with a final hike on the Freemont Gorge Overlook Trail. The day couldn't have been more perfect. The weather was cool and overcast which was great because the entire trail was open with no shade. However, I kept looking for lighting in the distance or a low rumble of thunder. I wouldn't want to be caught in an open field with lightning bolts crashing to the ground. Yikes!
The trail was narrow and lengthy, but no real challenge until the sharp climb to the finishing point. I had a chance to sit on the edge of the gorge while eating snacks and pondering my great summer with friends and nature. I feel truly blessed for these opportunities. I realized why I enjoy this area and these views so much. Coming from the Pacific Northwest in Washington state, the environment is extremely dense. It's rare to stand in one place and be able to see all of your surroundings for miles. I appreciate the differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment